Monday 1 July 2013

PROM


Everyone gets exited about prom, it's practically a 2 year build up to this one special occasion which will be spectacular.
To be honest it's a bit of a let down.
Well, ours was anyway. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but it was just a school disco. I couldn't manage with my shoes on for long, someone stood on and ripped my dress and someone else stood on my bare foot with stilettos. It was great cos the whole year was there and everyone looked fantastic, almost too grand for the local hotel ours was held at, the food was horrible, leftovers, and none of the teachers really made a speech. It would have been so much better with a meal and a PowerPoint about our year. Another thing that would have made it so much better was if my friend Fallon had gone, she was so looking forward to it but she was really poorly and everyone missed her:(
I did enjoy the dancing though, particularly karaoke classics such as Grease and Abba.
Another thing that let me down was my dress, I liked my dress, but everyone else had theirs months before prom, well I was having mine made, a dress I totally fell in love with, it was my dream dress which I was promised by the end of March (my prom was in April) and it should have looked like this,
The company making it were legitimate. We found them at a wedding fair with dresses they'd already made, and the daughter of the owner showed me pictures of the dress they made her, so I had no reason not to doubt them.
I emailed this picture twice and specified what colours etc so it looked the most like the picture, they promised to ring me and email me pictures of the progress, however they never did.
The week leading up to prom I hadn't heard from them and I was panicking so much I genuinely made myself ill, I rang them everyday, 'where's my dress?' 'It should have been shipped but we haven't got a tracking number yet' until the Wednesday before prom, which was on a Friday, I rang them and they said they had my dress.
I was so exited! During the dress dilemma I was dreading prom, the worry totally ruined the build up everyone else was feeling. Anyway, they turned up and they had made the wrong dress. I was devastated. It was nothing like the picture, badly made and just awful.
I looked dreadful, it was too big, the jewels were falling off and I was so upset. They claimed they had no picture to copy from, but I emailed them twice and they could have just googled 'Sherri Hill 21053'. 
It was terrible, after they had gone I just cried for ages, it seems silly to cry that much over a dress, but imagine having found your dream dress 5/6 months before prom and fell in love with it, then ended up with no dress practically the day before prom. I had my shoes, but then knowing I needed to get a dress quickly, I didn't know whether they would match, or if I would even find a dress I liked.
The only thing I knew was, I wanted a high neck dress.
Debenhams to the rescue! The day after, me and mum went to meadowhall, a shopping centre in Sheffield, we had to find a dress, I was close to saying I wasn't going.
Debenhams was the first shop we went in and I found this gorgeous, elegant, purple dress, tried it on and loved it, it wasn't too different from the one I had originally chosen, however I decided to look around, see what else I could find.

This was the first dress I tried on. I also found these dresses.

But I didn't like the others as much as I liked the first one. Eventually we went back to that one and I just loved it, it was a god-send.
We bought it, and a giant silver clutch from Henry Holland, and I was over the moon.
When we got home I tried the dress on again, and looked at the Facebook page my year had made, containing everyone's dresses, I realised mine was quite old fashioned and maybe a little old-ladyish, so mum to the rescue! We stayed up late customising the dress, then she went to town the day of school and added some glitter to it while I was at school, I went back to my best friends house after school, so I was basically seeing it for the first time. It was perfect. 
 Mums customising


Anyway, it all worked out for the best:D I went back to Ella's house after school, we had our hair done and did our makeup, then our friend Christy joined us, and she had organised a vintage Rolls Royce to take us. They both looked gorgeous, I will insert some pictures of us before we left:)

 My bestie Ella
Christy didn't like her dress, but she definitely looked amazing!
 Cheesy sister pic



 Mummy pic, aw my mums so little
Sibling picture! (Christy and her little brother, Ella's older brother and his lovely girlfriend, and me and my little sister also called Ella)
I love this picture:D
Finally here's some pictures of the actual night:D 
 Head teacher in a kilt lovely
 WE COULDN'T COPE WITH HEELS
 Me and Claire are so elegant as you can see;)

I've mainly moaned about the bad parts:L it was a really good evening with all my friends, and it was great to see everyone all dressed up and we had lots of photos, it was a fun way to spend time with my year group as we've now left school, which I can't believe!:(
 
After prom we were shattered:L enjoy a few final poses 





Lots of love, Gracicle xox






No comments:

Post a Comment